During my recent trip to New York to spend some time touring the Big Apple, my SO and I also ventured upstate with our good friend we were visiting to see where he was currently living in Saratoga Springs. I was so impressed by this adorable city! Besides the famous horse racing track, Saratoga Springs has one of the cutest downtown areas I’ve seen since my trip to Greenville, as well as an impressive outdoor music venue, the Saratoga Springs spa, and is less than an hour from the state capitol, as well as the beautiful summer tourist town of Lake George!
Before we could venture into Saratoga Springs, we had to make a quick pit stop in Albany so I could get a picture next to the capitol building! It’s on my bucket list to visit all of the state capitol buildings – I’ve been to 15 and counting so far… I kept my outfit casual and cute for the car ride, just a black tee with lace sleeves and a lariat necklace.
Our first night in Saratoga Springs was all about Bright Lights and hopefully staying out until 3AM, if we didn’t feel Unwell that is. In other words, we went to the music venue for a Counting Crows/Matchbox 20 concert! Bring on the 24oz cans of Miller Lite, live music that transformed me back to my younger years, and a lot of great people watching! And obviously Rob Thomas was absolutely amazing. I think it’s worth adding that he’s really only gotten better looking with age. He had so much energy, the crowd knew every song, and we had an absolute blast!
My concert outfit included worn black skinny cropped jeans, my favorite silver slides, a white wrap-front top, and my blush velvet moto jacket. Went a little dramatic with the silver jewelry to match the shoes and jacket details with this amazing multi-layer statement necklace and wrap bracelets from Stella & Dot.
Day two, we were off to the races! I’ve never been to a horse racing track before and all my prior knowledge of these events told me summer dresses, big hats, and comfortable shoes are the key to an acceptable ensemble. Though I did bring my floppy hat with me, I was have such a good hair day, I didn’t want to flatten it out! What I should have done is gotten one of those adorable mini-hat/super-decorated/hair-pin type things to finish the look as I saw many other women wearing! Next time!
I opted for a one-shoulder ruffled maxi dress in a beautiful, bold blue with a statement multi-color necklace and purse from Stella & Dot, my go-to aviator sunnies, and black wedge sandals! Plus plenty of gold bracelets and rings to finish out the look.
Our final day in upstate New York started off with an ice cream cone, followed by a steamboat cruise of Lake George. This place was absolutely gorgeous! I got all of the Door County feels from the cute little ships, waterfront properties, and outdoor activities going on while we were there! The clear blue skies and water didn’t disappoint either!
I kept it cool and easy with my outfit for our trip to Lake George. A loose fitting black dress, my dependable denim trucker jacket, gold sandals, and finished it off with my blush tassel earrings with gold/blush necklace.
Our last day ended with dinner and drinks in downtown Saratoga. First a few beers at Druthers Brewing Company, followed by some delicious authentic Mexican cuisine from Cantina. The whole weekend was pure perfection – from the weather to my outfits, it was an amazing mini-vacation.
- Velvet Moto Jacket in Opal from BCBGeneration at Nordstrom
- Wrap Tuck Blouse in Ivory from Topshop at Nordstrom
- Crepe Vee Tank in White from Banana Republic
- Denizen Jeans
- Amelia Sparkle Necklace from Stella & Dot
- Helai Silver Strand Wrap Bracelet from Stella & Dot
- Black Wristlet from Express
- One-Shoulder Ruffle Maxi Dress from Banana Republic (similar) or (similar)
- Stella & Dot Statement Necklace (similar) or (similar)
- Diff Eyewear Cruz Aviator Sunglasses
- Multi-Color Taj Clutch from Stella & Dot
- Black Ankle Strap Sandals (similar)
- Ex-Boyfriend Trucker Jacket from Levi’s (from recent post)
- Black Off-Shoulder Dress from Pleione at Nordstrom (Now 40% off)
- Black Chevron Aviator Sunglasses from Stella & Dot
- Boardwalk Sandals from J.Crew Factory
- Terney Layered Necklace from Stella & Dot
- Black Purse from Apt. 9 at Kohl’s (from recent post)
- Riva Tassel Earrings in Blush from Stella & Dot